Saturday, August 2, 2008

Well, Tania liked Ronee's purse so much that she requested one. I decided to plan out some extra accessories as well and the first I made was this perfume pouch for her favorite perfume samples. It's pretty simple to make. I hand-sewed everything because my machine was being tetchy the first attempt at this project plus the sewing machine is in the living room and apparently doubles as a sweatshop this time of year.

Anyway, here are the photos. The perfume bottles were cut out of craft felt and whipstitched on. Then I added "scent wafts" in different colored sewing threads with a backstitch.



Open the first flap:



All the pretties! Enough room for 9 samples and one bottle and large enough to hold the 2mL samples from H&EE.



Here's the back with her initials embroidered in backstitch at the corner and a little puffy satin stitched heart. My favorite little detail!



And a close-up! Sorry it's dark... I couldn't get the lighting to work right with the lens up so close.

No comments: